The American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) recently announced the names of the 180 recipients of the 2022 Bronze – Commitment to Quality Award. In Florida, 13 skilled nursing facilities and 1 assisted living facility were among the 151 skilled nursing care centers, 26 assisted living communities, and 3 skilled nursing/assisted living providers in 40 states that achieved the Bronze award.
The Bronze award is the first of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program, a comprehensive organizational assessment and recognition program for long term care providers. Each application is reviewed and judged against a set of nationally recognized standards for achieving excellence.
The following 14 Florida facilities earned the Bronze-Commitment to Quality Award for 2022:
- Apopka Health and Rehabilitation, Apopka
- Avante at Leesburg, Leesburg
- Avante at Ormond Beach, Ormond Beach
- Fort Lauderdale Health & Rehab, Ft Lauderdale
- Gulf Coast Medical Center SNU, Fort Myers
- Joseph L Morse Geriatric Center, West Palm Beach
- Lake Gibson Village Health and Rehabilitation Center, Lakeland
- Lodge at Cypress Cove, Fort Myers
- Palm Vista Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Key West
- Palmetto Subacute Care Ctr, Miami
- St. Andrew Post Acute and Rehab Center, Tampa
- The Lakes of Clermont Health and Rehabilitation, Clermont
- The Tradition of the Palm Beaches, West Palm Beach (Assisted Living Facility)
- Williston Health Care Center, Williston
Florida is now home to 144 Bronze Quality Award recipients. To date, 99 facilities in Florida have earned the Silver Quality Award, with the 2022 applicants to be notified on June 23. Florida also boasts 2 Gold Quality Award recipients – The Villages Rehabilitation and Nursing Center in Lady Lake and Highlands Lake Center in Lakeland.
Florida award recipients will be recognized during FHCA’s 2022 Annual Conference & Trade Show at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, July 31-August 4 as part of the Quality Award Ceremony and Celebration sponsored by Medline Industries. This event serves to recognize all FHCA members that earn quality achievements, including the National Quality Award, Governor’s Gold Seal for Excellence in Long-Term Care and Joint Commission.
The National Quality Awards will be presented during AHCA/NCAL’s 73rd Convention & Expo in Nashville, Tennessee, on October 9-12, 2022.