Florida Health Care Association is pleased to recognize 21 skilled nursing center and two assisted living facility members across Florida which earned a 2018 Silver – Achievement in Quality Award recipient by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). The award is the second of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program, which spotlights providers across the nation that have demonstrated their dedication to improving quality of care for residents and patients in long term and post-acute care.
“Being recognized with the Silver National Quality Award is a significant accomplishment for these member centers,” said Emmett Reed, FHCA Executive Director. “This year’s recipients have shown a dedication to assessing and implementing approaches that result in better care outcomes. It is a privilege to recognize them for their consistency in making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and residents they serve.”
Based on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, AHCA/NCAL’s National Quality Award Program challenges member providers to achieve performance excellence through three progressive levels—Bronze, Silver, and Gold. At the Silver level, members develop and demonstrate effective approaches that help improve organizational performance and health care outcomes. 2018 recipients of the Silver award can now advance in further developing comprehensive strategies that meet the criteria required for the Gold – Excellence in Quality Award.
The following Florida centers earned the 2018 AHCA/NCAL Silver – Achievement in Quality Award:
Skilled Nursing Centers
- Deerfield Beach Health and Rehab Center, Pompano Beach
- Concordia Manor, St. Petersburg
- Community Convalescent Center, Plant City
- Brooks Bartram Crossing, Jacksonville
- Calusa Harbour, Fort Myers
- Woodland Grove Health & Rehabilitation Center, Jacksonville
- Apollo Health and Rehabilitation Center, St. Petersburg
- Suwannee Health & Rehabilitation Center, Live Oak
- Park Ridge Nursing Center, Jacksonville
- Palm Garden of Jacksonville, Jacksonville
- Palm Garden of Orlando, Orlando
- Palm Garden of Port Saint Lucie, Port Saint Lucie
- Terraces of Lake Worth Care Center, Lake Worth
- Southern Oaks Care Center, Pensacola
- Ft. Lauderdale Health & Rehab, Ft. Lauderdale
- Palms Care Center, Lauderdale Lakes
- Surrey Place Healthcare and Rehabilitation, Bradenton
- The Springs at Boca Ciega Bay, South Pasadena
- Century Health & Rehabilitation Center, Century
- Seven Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, Tallahassee
- Villages Rehab and Nursing Center, Lady Lake
Assisted Living Facilities
- Brooks Bartram Lakes, Jacksonville
- The Court at Palm Aire, Pompano Beach
These 23 centers, along with Florida’s 39 Bronze-Commitment to Quality Award recipients, will be recognized during the FHCA Annual Conference & Trade Show Quality Award Ceremony and Celebration on Tuesday, July 17, at The Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood.
American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) will officially present these awards at the AHCA/NCAL 69th Annual Convention and Exposition in San Diego, California, October 7-10, 2018.